Frecuently asked questions

01) What does it mean Gemeente, Belastingdienst, KVK, Toeslagen, DigiD?

Gemeente = Municipality / City hall

Belastingdienst = Tax authorities in the Netherlands (

Kamer van Koophandel (KVK) = Chamber of commerce in the Netherlands ( )

Toeslagen = Subsidies in the Netherlands (

DigiD = Electronic signature in the Netherlands ( )

Sociale Verzekeringsbank (SVB) = Social Security Bank (

02) How many types of tax return forms exist and which one should I use?

Form C

If you are registered in the City hall, with an address outside The Netherlands, for a whole year (For example, if you were registered in the Gemeente from 1st January to 31st December with your address from Spain), then you should use the C Form, to file an income tax return. This does not apply to government employees stationed abroad.


Form M

If you are registered in the City hall with an address in the Netherlands, for part of the year, then you have to file the Income Tax with the M Form. For example, if you were living in Spain but you worked in The Netherlands (whether or not you were registered in the city hall) from January 1st to May 15th and then you registered in the city hall with an address in the Netherlands, then you are a partial resident. You have to file your income with M Form.


Form P

If you are register in the city hall with an address in The Netherland during a whole year, from January 1 to December 31 from, then you must declare the Income tax with P Form. You can find this format, both online and on paper.

03) Am I obliged to file an income tax return?

It is important to consider the following:

  1. If you received an invitation from the Netherland’s tax authorities (Belastingdienst), then you are required to file an income tax return (Inkomstenbelasting) before the date mentioned in the invitation. If you do not submit your income tax return on time, then you may receive a fine.
  2. If you did not receive the invitation from the Netherland’s tax authorities (Belastingdienst) then you will have to calculate your taxes with a tax advisor. If in your income tax return, you have to receive less than €15 or you have to pay more than €46 in taxes, then you have to file that year, an income tax return.
  3. If you do not submit on time an income tax return and the Netherlands’ authorities (Belastingdienst) have to ask you, to submit an income tax return after the deadline, then you may receive a fine.

04) What are the dates, on which the income tax return must be submitted?

Every year between March and April, you should file an income tax return. For example, if you want to file an income tax return of 2019, you may submit it between March 1st, 2020 till April 30, 2020. If you file on time a tax return, you will receive (in case you get an income tax refund) an income tax refund between 3 and 6 months. According to the Netherland’s tax authorities (Belastingdienst), if you do not send on time your income tax return, the resolution may delay until 3 years.

05) How many years back can I file an income tax return? Can I file an income tax return from past years?

You can file an income tax return up to 5 years. For example, if today is March 2020 and you want to file the income tax return from 2019, but you did not submit an income tax return since 2015, then you may file the income tax return from 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 (5 complete years).

06) I filed an income tax return using the form C (for non-residents) The Belastingdienst sent me back the resolution where I am going to receive a tax refund in my bank account, but this one it’s not updated, therefore the payment cannot be done. I need a DigiD for updating my bank account, but because I am non-resident in the Netherlands, I cannot have one or ask it. Is there another way to update my bank account?

Yes, you can update your bank account without a DigiD. Send a letter to the belastingdienst by post mail, this one can be written in English or Dutch.

Title in the letter: Bank account update for income tax return (For example: Year 2018)

  • Write the following personal information in the letter:
    • Full name
    • Address(The address where you are registered in the City Hall)
    • BSN Number (Citizen service number)
    • Date of birth
    • Bank name
    • Bank address
    • IBAN Number
    • SWIFT or BIC bank code
    • Name of the account holder (this must be the same name of the person that is submitting the income tax return).
  • Important:

Add a copy, not older than two months of your bank statement (It has to be the bank account of the person who files the income tax return, bank account of another person it is not allowed.

The letter must be signed and with a copy of the passport or European ID.

We recommend sending the letter with track and tracing code by postal mail.


Send the letter to the following address:

Belastingdienst/Centrale administratieve processen Unit Registeren

PO BOX 9055

7300 GT Apeldoorn

The Netherlands

07) I am always travelling and sometimes it is not possible to check on time all my post mail that I receive from the belastingdienst? Is it possible to receive them by e-mail?

Yes, you can also receive all the letters from the different Dutch organizations by e-mail. Go to the following address and log in:

Go to inloggen with you DigiD access. You have to actiVATe the notifications, so that you can receive them. Once you login, you may check all your e-mails from the different Dutch organizations, where it says “Berichtenbox” and this can be done in any place where you can get online. Keep in mind that you will receive letters from the Gemeente, Belastingdienst, Toeslagen, etc. Please be aware you cannot receive notifications, related to your taxes for your company.

08) What is the DigiD?

The DigiD allows you to have access, to many services and government websites in The Netherlands, with the DigiD; you can also file a tax return. The DigiD is your Digital identification in The Netherlands. Your DigiD has a username and a password, that you choose when you make the request.

09) How to apply for a DigiD?

You can request a DigiD at the official website, The website is in English and in Dutch. Click where it says, “Apply for your DigiD (aanvragen)” and fill in the form. Choose your own username and password. Only if you are registered in the City Hall (Gemeente) with a Dutch address, you may request a DigiD. Otherwise, it is possible that this will be denied. Check the exceptions in the DigiD website.

After you request your DigiD, you will receive a letter with an actiVATion code, at your home in about 5 working days. Then you have to go to the website and actiVATe your username and password with this code. Click where it says “Code ontvangen “or “Did you receive a code” and actiVATe your DigiD. Now you can use your DigiD, in any organization in The Netherlands.

10) When do I have to file The VAT return?

After registering your company at the KVK (Chamber of Commerce), you are required to submit a VAT return quarterly, in January, April, July and October.

For example, if you register your company on January 2019, the quarters are divided as follows:

  • First trimester (Q1-2019), during April 2019, you must declare all the income and expense invoices, with issue date of January, February and March.
  • Second trimester (Q2-2019), during July 2019 you must declare all the income and expense invoices with issue date April, May and June.
  • Third trimester (Q3-2019), during October 2019, you must declare all the income invoices and the expense invoices with issue date of July, August and September.
  • Fourth trimester (Q4-2019), during January, 2020 you must declare all the income and expense invoices with issue date of October, November and December.

11) I have filed the VAT return of the second quarter 2019 (Q2-2019) on July 2019, and I have to pay €500 taxes. When is the deadline to pay those taxes from Q2-2019?

You can pay those taxes until the last day of the period (Q2-2019). The last day of the second trimester is 31 July 2019). Do not forget, that if you do not pay on time, you will get a fine. There are two types of fines, one for filing late and other for paying late the taxes.

12) Is there and official bank account from the Belastingdienst where I can pay my taxes? How do I know, that I am not paying in the wrong account.

Yes, there is an official bank account, where you can pay your taxes.

t.n.v. Belastingdienst Apeldoorn.

IBAN: NL86 INGB 0002 4455 88

Always check the official website from the belastingdienst There you will find the official bank account.

13) What is a ZZP’ers?

A ZZP’er is a self-employed, professional without any staff. The English term is known as freelancer and in Dutch as ZZP’er (Zelfstandige zonder personeel). This kind of employees, are not committed to any single long-term client or employer. They can work freely with different companies. The legal structure of self-employed professional without any staff in the Netherlands it is called eenmanszaak.

14) Are there differences between freelancer and eenmanszaak-ZZPer?

No, all terms mean the same thing; the freelancer is the person who has registered his company in the KVK (Dutch Chamber of Commerce). The English term is freelancer and the Dutch term is ZZP’ers (Zelfstandige zonder personeel). Eenmanszaak is the legal form of the company that the ZZP’er is register in the KVK.

15) What are the characteristics of an eenmanszaak company?

The legal structure of an eenmanszaak company, is a one person business

16) What are the characteristics of a company with legal VoF form?

This kind of company is a general partnership. The company VoF is a business with two or more business partners. (Vennotschap onder firma). There must be a contract between the partners for the fulfillment of their responsibilities; this could be done by a notary. Each partner is responsible of all the debt’s companies.

17) Which one is the best option, working as an employee or register my company at KVK (eenmanszaak o VoF)?

In both cases, you have to pay taxes, but you will have to consider the following:

  • When you have your own company, you have flexibility. You can choose your own work, schedules, get better job opportunities, better incomes and also be able of choosing your customers and suppliers. But also, you have to file on time your income tax return and VAT return.
  • When you work for a company as an employee, you just have to file your income tax return. However, you have to work under certain conditions, rules and schedules. Further, you receive a salary that is decided by your employer.

18) Is allowed to be employed for a company and be registered in the KVK (Dutch Chamber of Commerce)?

Yes, you can work as an employee in a company and be registered in the KVK as a freelancer (eenmanszaak o Vof).

19) ¿How do you register a company in the Chamber of commerce in The Netherlands (KVK)?

If you register your company in the KVK, you have to do the following steps:

Step 1: Prepare your registration

Fill in the digital form as much as possible. This will help the KVK; to give you a better service at the moment you visit their office to finish the registration process. Before to the KVK offices make an appointment.


Step 2: Make an online appointment.

Once you registered all your information via online, you can make an appointment in The Chamber of Commerce in The Netherlands. You can register at any KVK office.


Step 3: Complete your registration

During your appointment, an employee of the Chamber of Commerce (KVK) will verify your identification (Passport), review your information and see if everything is correct.


Registration cost.

You have to make just one payment of 50 euros (Cost in 2019). For 15 euros extra, you can get an extract of the company registration. In case you want to open a bank account for your company, some banks require this document. In addition, some suppliers ask for it. The payment at the KVK can only be done with a credit card or a debit card.

*The registration process is a translation from the KVK website:

Telephone number 088-5851585

20) What are my tax obligations as a company (eenmanszaak or VoF) KVK?

After you register your company in the KVK, you are required to make two declarations, VAT tax return (Omzetbelasting) in January, April, July and October of each year and the income tax return (Inkomstenbelasting) between March and April of each year.

21) What requirements should have the invoices?

The invoice must have certain requirements. Every invoice that you receive must include the following data:

  • Name and address of the supplier
  • VAT identification number of the supplier
  • Name and address of the company
  • Invoice number
  • Invoice date
  • Date on which the goods or services were supplied
  • Quantity and type of goods supplied
  • Nature and type of services supplied

The invoices must also include the following data for every VAT tariff or exemption:

  • Price per piece or unit, excluding VAT
  • Any reduction that is not included in the price
  • VAT rate that has been applied
  • Cost (the price without VAT)
  • In case of advance payment: the payment date, if it is different from the invoice date
  • The amount of VAT
  • In some cases, your VAT identification number must also be included in the invoice. This is the case of the export of goods to other EU countries and for certain services involved, such as transport services.
  • Your VAT identification number must also be included in the invoice in cases or reversed charges.

* Free translation of the Belastingdienst page,

22) Is there a specific format for invoices?

It does not exist a specific format for invoices, however all your invoices must always have all the requirements that the belastingdienst ask. In the following link, you can download some formats and prepare your own invoices.

23) As an entrepreneur (eenmanszaak or VoF) which benefits or deductions can I apply on my taxes?

There are different kind of benefits, for example:


VAT return (BTW), you can apply the following benefits:

The benefit for small business (Kleinerondernemersregeling). With this benefit, your company does not pay taxes in the VAT return (Omzetbelasting). You can qualify to this benefit, if the total amount of VAT that your company must pay during the year, is less than €1345. If the VAT that your company, must pay in a year is between €1345 and €1883, then you only have to pay a percentage of the taxes, in the VAT return. Finally, if the VAT that your company must pay, is more than €1883 in a year, then you pay the 100% of the taxes, in your VAT return. Keep in mind, this rule is going to change since 1 January 2020.


Income tax return (Omzetbelasting), you have the next benefits:

  1. Self employed deduction (zelfstandigenaftrek)
  • You can apply for this benefit if you meet the following requirements:
  • You are an entrepreneurs for the income tax, you can check if you are or not in the following link:
  • 225 hours criterion (urencriterium): If you are an entrepreneur and you work for your own company, for at least 1225 hours in a year, you can apply for a allowance for independent workers.


For example:

  • If you register your company on 15 August 2019, we apply the same criterion. This means that you can apply for this benefit if you do a minimum of 1225 hours, from 15 Augustus until 31 December.
  • If you register your company on 1st January 2019, then you should accumulate 1225 hours, between 1st January and 31 December 2019. This is equal to 25 hours a week working in your company.
  • If you not only have your own company, but also you work as an employee, for another company, you can use the 1225 hours criterion. Only if you spend 50% of your time in your own company.
  • You can apply for this benefit, it is necessary that you make a register of all the hours you spend working on your company. This means all the time you spend with clients, writing e-mails, phone calls with clients, business trips, meetings, the time you spend preparing your marketing, etc. The hours that you spend on your vacations or sick, does not count.
  • If you have an audit from the belastingdienst, you must be able to prove, that you spend all those hours working on your company.


If you meet all the requirements, the self-employed deduction (Zelfstandigenaftrek) is the following:

  • In 2018: a maximun of 7.280 euros
  • In 2019: also a maximum of 7.280 euros.


  1. b) The start-up deduction (startersaftrek)

If you meet the following conditions, you can apply for this benefit:

  • You have the right of having the self employed deduction (Zelfstandigenaftrek)
  • You have used the independent workers (Zelfstandigenaftrek) tax credit no more than 2 times in the las 5 years.
  • You have not been an entrepreneur, in the declaration of income tax for the last 5 years.

If you meet with the requirements, the start-up deduction (Startersaftrek) is as follows:

In 2018: It is 2.123 euros

In 2019:  It is also 2.123 euros

24) I registered my company (eenmanszaak or VoF) in the KVK, on January 9, 2019. I have not had any purchase or sale since I started. Do I have to file the VAT return?

Yes, you must file your VAT return quarterly. Even if you did not have sales or purchases. The VAT return must be done in January, April, July and October. Because you registered your company, in the month where the tax declaration should be done (January), you do not have to file a VAT return in this quarter, but the next one. This should be in April. If you do not submit your VAT return, you will receive a fine from the belastingdienst.

25) Do I require a bank account for my company or can I use my personal account (Eenmanszaak Company)?

No, it is not necessary to have a business bank account, however it is recommended to have one. It is going to be easier for you and the accountant, to identify expenses or income related to your company. By having a bank account only for your company, it also gives more security and formality, to suppliers and customers. Keep in mind that having a business bank account may be an extra cost. There are some banks that offer business bank accounts, with very low bank fees during the first two years of the company.

26) My company is registered in the KVK (eenmanszaak or VoF); I will not be able to work, because I am pregnant. Is there a benefit that I can ask?

After you sent your request to the UWV, they will analyze your case and they can give you, a maternity salary of at least 16 weeks. During that period, you should not issue any revenue invoice to your costumers. The maternity salary is paid once a week. You can request, a ZEZ benefit since you are 24 weeks pregnant. You can make the request, no later than 2 weeks before the start date of your maternity. You can apply for a ZEZ benefit up to a year ago after but then, you will receive less benefit. If you apply for the benefit, 1 year later, then you will no longer receive any benefit.

27) What is the difference between BSN and RSIN?

All legal entities and societies, such as limited liability companies (BV), associations (verenigingen), foundations (stichtingen), general societies (VOF) and societies (maatschappen), not those of a single owner (eenmanszaak), receive from Chamber of Commerce number (KVK) an information number of legal entities for companies called (RSIN). This number, like the BSN number, is use to exchange data with other (governmental) organizations, such as tax authorities.

28) How many types of subsidies are?

There are 5 types:


  • Zorgtoeslag(Healthcare allowance)

The healthcare allowance is a contribution to the cost of your Dutch health insurance. You can receive this allowance, if you earn less than €22.700 per year (Salary estimated for 2019)


  • Huurtoeslag(Rental allowance)

The rental allowance is a contribution to the rental cost of your home. This allowance can be requested, if you earn less than €29.500 per year and the rental expenses do not exceed €700. (Salary and rental expenses estimated for 2019)


–           Kinderopvangtoeslag (Healthcare allowance)

If your children go to daycare, you can receive this allowance. This is a contribution, for the costs of the daycare. You can apply for this allowance, if you use a registered childcare and you and your partner work. The amount you receive depends on the hours you work, the type of daycare and how many hours you use. In addition, the child must live in the same direction as the parents.


  • Kindgebonden Budget(Childcare budget)

The childcare budget is a contribution to your children’s costs up to the age of 18. You will receive this, in addition to the benefit for each child. This budget also depends, on your income and your partner’s income.


  • Kinderbijslag (Family allowance)

The amount of the family allowance depends on the age of your child. This amount increases when the child turns 6 and increases again when the child turns 12. We pay the family allowance at the end of the quarter. For example, in 2019 for children form 0-5 years, the amount of euros that is paid is € 221.49. Children from 6-11 years receive €268.95, teenagers from 12-17 years receive €316.41 and is paid quarterly (January, April, July and October).

29) ¿How do I know, if I can get one of this allowances?

You can check in the toeslagen webpage if you can get the allowances. First, you must enter the year you want to request the allowance, add your personal information and the type of allowance. The system will estimate, whether or not you can apply for the allowance. To check the calculation go to the following page:

30) I have not used my health insurance in a year. Can I ask a healthcare allowance for my health insurance?

If you are not using your health insurance in a year, does not imply that you can ask a healthcare allowance. You can only apply for this allowance, depending on your annual income.

For example: if in 2019 your income does not exceed €29.500 during the year, then you can apply for the healthcare allowance.

31) Can I apply for housing allowance (huurtoeslag)?

It depends on the annual income you had, during the year you want to ask the allowance.

For example, in 2019 you live alone, your income does not exceed €22.700 per year and your rental expenses including services do not exceed €700, then you can apply for the housing allowance (huurtoeslag).

32) Depending on what, can I ask or not the housing allowance (huurtoeslag)?

It depends, on the income you had during the year.

33) What is the Wereldinkomen form?

The Wereldinkomen (world income) form is the form requested by the Toeslagen with your worldwide income. For example: If you have requested any allowance, and you are registered in the Gemeente with an address in Spain, then the Toeslagen will ask you to proof that your global incomes, in order to calculate the allowance.

34) I am going to buy a car in The Netherlands, which taxes should I pay for the car?

If you live in The Netherlands and you own a motor vehicle (car, van, motorcycle, trailer or lorry), you will have to pay motor vehicle tax MRB (Motorrijtuigenbelasting). You will automatically receive an assessment from the Dutch tax (Belastingdienst) and customs administration (Douane).

The tax varies according to the type of car you buy, the province where you live, the gasoline you use (diesel, bencina, etc.) and car weight. With all this information, the tax authorities can calculate the taxes that you will paid every quarter.

In the following link, you can calculate the motor vehicle tax MRB (Motorrijtuigenbelasting):

35) If I have a vehicle with an electric motor or a hydrogen combustion engine, do I have to pay motor vehicle tax MRB (Motorrijtuigenbelasting)?

No, in that case you do not have to pay the motor vehicle tax MRB (Motorrijtuigenbelasting). Cars that save on fuel are exempted from such tax payment.

36) Do I have to pay motor vehicle tax if my car is hybrid?

Yes, you have to pay the tax, but only the half of the motor vehicle tax MRB (Motorrijtuigenbelasting).

37) My car has foreign license plates, do I have to pay taxes?

If you live in The Netherlands and your car has foreign license plates, you must pay the taxes before using the car in the Netherlands.

In the following link, you can find the form for the notification of a car with foreign license plates.

38) I want to import my car from Spain to the Netherlands, which taxes should I pay?

You must pay taxes for personal vehicles and motor vehicles, called BPM (Belasting van Personenauto’s en Motorrijtuigen). If you buy a new passenger car, motorcycle, delivery truck in The Netherlands, or you import a car from abroad you should to pay taxes called BMP. The BPM tax depends on the motor vehicle and the BPM rate, which is determined by the C02 emission.

39) I want to import my car from Spain, which tax should I pay?

You must pay the tax for personal vehicles and for motor vehicles called BPM (Belasting van Personenauto’s en Motorrijtuigen).

40) I wanted to register a car from abroad, in the Dutch vehicle registration system; must I file BPM (Belasting van Personenauto’s en Motorrijtuigen) declaration?

Yes, you must to file the declaration. Before you file the BPM declaration (Belasting van Personenauto’s en Motorrijtuigen) for passenger car, van or motorcycle identified or inspected at an RDW (Dienst wegverkeer). The RDW is the organization that registers all motor vehicles and driver’s licenses in The Netherlands.

From November 1, 2018 you must file the BMP declaration using the form declaration BPM only available in Dutch

Send your declaration with the requested attachments in a sealed envelope to:


Postbus 2710

6401 DE Heerlen


41) When do I file a declaration for BPM (Belasting van Personenauto’s en Motorrijtuigen), for passenger car or motor vehicles?

If you bought a new passenger car or a new motorcycle in the Netherlands, the importer will file a declaration and pay the bpm on your behalf. Once the BPM return has been filed and the BPM paid, the RDW (Dienst Wegverkeer) will issue the registration documents for your vehicle. After this, you can use your passenger vehicle or motorcycle on public roads.

42) I received an inheritance from a relative that is not Dutch and I live in the Netherlands. Do I have to pay taxes for that inheritance in The Netherlands?

  • You do not have to pay taxes in The Netherlands for that inheritance if:
  • The value of the inheritance is less than or equal to the amount that is exempt. Check the next page wat is exempt

  • The deceased was not Dutch.
  • The deceased was Dutch and he did not live in The Netherlands during the last 10 years.

43) I received an inheritance from The Netherlands and I live abroad. Where should I pay the inheritance tax?

When you live in The Netherlands, remember that each country has its own rules on taxes. Then you must take in consideration in which country you live. If you have to file tax declarations in The Netherlands or in the country where you live.

44) When should I pay the inheritance tax in The Netherlands?

  • If the deceased lived in The Netherlands and his inheritance is higher than his exemption. Check the following page about exemptions.

  • If the deceased was Dutch, and he lived outside the Netherlands for less than 10 years and the value of his inheritance is more than his exemption.

45) When do I pay the inheritance tax in the country where I live?

Due to the inheritance tax rules are different everywhere, it is not possible to explain how the rules work in each country. It is better to investigate how the inheritance tax legislation in the country where you live is.

46) How do I avoid paying double inheritance tax? Do I have to pay taxes on the same inheritance in The Netherlands and abroad?

In that case, you declare that, in your inheritance tax return in the Netherlands. Maybe the Netherlands has a trade with the country where you live, to avoid double taxation.

47) Where I can request the Form U1 for unemployment. I am a Spanish citizen.

Form U1 is a document that certifies the work periods that a worker has accumulated in the countries of the European Union. In the case of the Netherlands, this document is issued by the UWV (Employment Agency of The Netherlands). With this document, you can go to the Employment Agency of any country of the European Union where you reside legally and apply for unemployment benefits. The number of months of unemployment benefits varies depending on the years of work you have accumulated. For example, if you want to apply for unemployment benefits in the Netherlands, for each year of work, you receive 4 months of unemployment benefits.


You can request form U1 through this link:

You just have to fill out the form and send it by post. It may take 6 to 8 weeks to respond and send form U1 with the official seal, to the address where you reside.


Address where you should send the request for form U1.

UWW Internationaal

Postbus 124

7550 AC Hengelo

The Netherlands


Send the following supporting documents for faster processing:

  • Copy of your employment contract.
  • Copy of your monthly payroll for the last 3 months.
  • Copy of your employer’s statements (periods worked and reason for dismissal)
  • Copy of your resignation letter (if applicable)

48) When I can request the unemployment benefit and where is it requested?

  • If you are registered / registered in the Netherlands, you can apply directly to the UWV (Unemployment office of the Netherlands).
  • If you are residing in another country of the European Union but you worked in The Netherland, for example Spain, you must firs request form U1 (which shows the periods you worked in the Netherlands) and then submit it to the Employment Agency of the respective country.

49) How can I show my working period from The Netherlands to Spain?

You must request form U1 from the UWV (Employment office in the Netherlands); check the previous answer of the procedure. Form U1 is a document that certifies the work periods that a worker has accumulated in the countries of the European Union. When you receive that mail by postal mail, you can go to the Unemployment Agency of Spain and apply for unemployment benefits.

50) Can you advise me on issues of compliance with employment contracts in the Netherlands?

We do not provide these services, but there are other organizations that can help you. You can check the following information:


  1. a) Fairwork NU (Worker rights in The Netherlands)

Phone: +31 6 15 49 66 00

Frequently asked questions:


  1. Office for Compliance with Temporary Workers Labor Agreement (Temporary contracts)



  1. Central Government of the Netherlands (Abuse of foreign employees)

Telephone Netherland: 1400

Telephone outside Netherland: +31 70 2140214

Whastapp: +31 65500 1400



  1. d) Inspection SZW (Supervision of the Inspection of Social Affairs and Employment)

Call 0800-5151 (even if you want to make an anonymous report)


*Keep in mind that the rules of state organizations may vary year by year, if you want to review the rules in detail, we always recommend to check the official website of Dutch organizations.

51) What is the procedure to follow in the face of labor abuse in the Netherlands?

Case complaint process and victim protection

When the victim decides to denounce his trafficker, a judicial process can be launched against a person trafficker. The victim has to collaborate with the police, that is, to denounce. The process begins with an interview with the police: it is a simple informal conversation in which no concrete details are given but it already implies that the victim is not anonymous. From this interview begins a period of reflection in which the victim has to decide whether to file a formal complaint. During this time the victim receives protection and is entitled to a whole series of things (reception in a center, residence permit, etc.).


Options after exploitation


1) A complaint (criminal law) can be filed either with the police (AVIM department) or with the labor inspection (ISZW) for cases of labor exploitation. In labor inspection there are two different departments that work on the issue, one is dedicated to fines for administrative crimes (not giving the minimum wage, control of the immigration law, for example) and the other to carry out criminal law investigations in more serious cases

It is possible to file a complaint anonymously (Meld misdaad anoniem) by phone. The police have a team of criminal information (team criminele inlichtingen) to which serious, criminal events can be reported.


2) Considerations to report. Victims decide or not to report according to a series of issues such as wanting to maintain anonymity (fear of reprisals), depending on how feasible they see the winner, the duration of the process, and other considerations.

3) Alternatives and economic compensation. You can also opt for other alternatives to the complaint. For example, mediation or pressure can be used through a support organization such as Fair Work. Sometimes these organizations can talk to employers or ETTs to let them know. Sometimes it is possible to go up the production chain, that is, they can be influenced indirectly: by talking with other companies to which these ETTs provide services, and indicate that they are also responsible for paying the minimum wage if the ETT does not. You can also open a civil procedure (loonvordering) or request an aid from the Schadefonds Geweldmisdrijven compensation fund.

A final alternative is to ‘join a case’, that is, a case that is already being instructed, which has been denounced by another person, add our complaint to its cause.


4) Notify is another alternative. The labor inspection ISZW or SNCU (Stichting naleving CAO uitzendkrachten) can be notified.


Source: Fair Work

52) Where can find an official translator from English to Dutch in the Netherlands?

The following link is the association of sworn translators in different languages, registered in the Netherlands. You must select from what language to which language you want the documents translated and you will see the list of possible translators.


Onze diensten

Administratieve diensten

Directe toegang tot ons PSM Consultancy online platform, waar elke klant zijn btw-aangifte kan bekijken.

Toegang tot actuele en historische btw-aangifteverslagen.

Registratie en bezichtiging van facturen op het online platform.

Om te zoeken naar facturen geregistreerd op het online platform, jaarlijkse winstgrafiek van uw bedrijf, registers van werktijden en het beheer van klanten en leveranciers.

Lees meer

Boekhoudkundige diensten

Beoordeling van inkomsten- en onkostenfacturen.

Advies over factureringsregels.

Wij maken de balans van uw bedrijf op.

Wij maken het rapport op van de winst en verlies van uw bedrijf.

Lees meer



Aangifte inkomstenbelasting (formulier P, M en C).

Advies over fiscale voordelen voor bedrijven.

Advies aan audits.

Informatie over 30% uitspraak (regeling).

Lees meer